Three acres on Church Road were donated by Albert and Elizabeth Weber in 1905, and the St. Philomena Church was built on the east end of the property as a mission of St. Columbkille. The first Mass was celebrated on December 26, 1905 by Fr. Nazarene Orfei.
In 1948, St. Philomena was no longer a mission of St. Columbkille and Fr Joseph F Dwyer was appointed the first pastor. A rectory (currently adjacent to the proptery) was then purchased and refurbished. The church was also refurbished, and landscaping and the Stations of the Cross were added. In 2014, the Stations of the Cross were replaced by the Knights of Columbus Council 6435. A pavilion was erected by a team of parishioners led by Deacon Tom Gerling in 2016. A Mass is celebrated at the pavilion on Memorial Day.